Hair tool brands Denman International and Olivia Garden team up to effect sustainable change and invite others to join
Two big brands have joined together to help make the hair sector more sustainable… and are asking other brands across Ireland and the UK to join them.
Denman International and Olivia Garden Europe are the forces behind the Hairstyling Tool Collective, which includes a charter of six sustainability aims and measurable commitments. The six aims cover the production of hair tool products and better management of waste and emissions, right through to encouraging hairdressers to employ more sustainable practices with their tools. The six sustainability aims are:
- Promoting sustainable products and reducing ecological footprint
- Encouraging responsible manufacturing practices and minimising waste
- Measuring greenhouse gas emissions
- Raising awareness and training hairdressers on sustainable practices
- Collaboration and knowledge sharing among hairdressing industry companies
- Promoting transparency and accountability
Several brands in the styling sector have now shown interest in joining. As a result, the name of the collective has changed from the Hair Tool Collective to the Hairstyling Tool Collective to be inclusive.