Watch and learn as Matrix Colour Artist, Ria Kulik takes you through how to achieve the popular head-turning look – Mirrored Blonde
Meet Ria Kulik – artistic director at The HairBank in Manchester and session artist. Her unrivalled knowledge, passion and enthusiasm for colour styling and creative hair work have left her widely admired and acclaimed for her skills.
As a third-generation hairdresser (originally trained up by her mum), a career in hairdressing was truly written in the stars for Ria. However, she accredits joining the Fellowship for British Hairdressing’s FAME team in 2017 as the pivotal moment in her journey. From this, Ria has been offered phenomenal opportunities including joining Craig Chapman and Ashleigh Hodges’ HairDotCom Art Team, which has allowed her to be a part of TV work such as The Voice UK.
Having amassed an impressive list of career accolades over her 16+ years in the industry, in 2019 Ria also added a spot on the Matrix Artistic Team to her CV– where the opportunities have kept on coming. As part of her role, Ria educates and showcases her skills on shows and shoots across the UK and Ireland – her dream come true!
Mirrored Blonde is the classic blonde look but with a twist. Perfect for that client who wants to walk into a room and ensure their hair is noticed (and complimented!). Seamless, clean blonde from root to tip – this technique achieves that mirror like reflection, boasting shine and health from the hair. A seductive and elegant look all in one –meant for those clients that love being a regular at the salon and aren’t scared of colour commitment. Mirrored Blonde is THE look that will have client’s asking for it time and time again.
- Use Zoom mapping to recognise natural root level as well as any banding and damage, allowing you to plan your process
- Starting at the root gives the best chance to lift the natural hair before tackling any compromised banded areas for a seamless result
- Avoid overlapping which can cause porosity problems
- Keep a visual check throughout the process to ensure hair is lifting in harmony
- Work in fine sections and saturate the hair for even application
- Ensure all lightener is washed out to avoid a patchy result – the new Matrix Total Results Bleach Finder will help you identify any residual bleach
- Add signature panels to give dimension and interest to your colour look
Shop the Blonde: Mirrored Blonde by Ria Kulik, The HairBank
Light Master 8 with Bonder Inside
Cream Developer 20 Vol
Total Results Unbreak My Blonde Bleach Finder
SoColor Sync Anti Yellow Fast Toner
SoColor Sync Clear Alkaline Toner
SoColor Sync Sheer Pastels SPP + SPV
SoColour Sync Acidic Toner 8AA + 8V
Colour Sync Activator