We’re all about a pop of colour – and this textured hair look using Guy Tang’s #mydentity range caught our eye immediately
Lauren Wiltshire, artistic educator at Salon Success, spoke to us about how to create a seamless colour melt on tight textured curls.
“This great hair trend is all about embracing natural colours and natural beauty, using Guy Tang’s top-of-the-range products — creating a gorgeous red-brown hair hue that adds warmth and depth to this look” – Lauren Wiltshire
To create this look, you will need the following products:
- #mydentity demi-permanent hair colour — 4NI (Natural Ice)
- #mydentity demi-permanent hair colour — 5BB (Brown Beige)
- #mydentity demi-permanent 6 vol developer
- #mydentity Big 9 Crème Lightener
- #mydentity 20 vol developer
- #mydentity demi-permanent hair colour — Naked 8
- #mydentity demi-permanent hair colour — Naked 10
- For hair that has some root regrowth, mix together #mydentity demi-permanent 4NI, #mydentity demi-permanent 5BB and #mydentity 6 vol demi-permanent developer in the following ratio: 30g 4NI + 15g 5BB + 90g 6 vol developer, and apply to the roots — this will help create a natural highlighted look.
- While this is processing, mix #mydentity Big 9 Crème Lightener with #mydentity 20 vol developer in a 1:1.5 ratio
- Paint this mixture onto sections of the hair, freehand — this helps to even out the lightness from the top section of the hair to the underneath sections
Tip: Take a one-inch section of hair and tease it back with your fingers before painting to help create a seamless blend.
- Leave to develop for 25 minutes or until the desired lift is achieved
- Rinse, shampoo and condition the hair
- Next, towel dry the hair and apply #mydentity Naked 8 to the lightened sections
- Once that is done, mix #mydentity Naked 8 with #mydentity Naked 10 in a 2:1 ratio and apply this throughout the ends
- Leave to develop for 25 minutes