Are YOU an undiscovered talent? Don’t miss out on an amazing opportunity to explore, gain confidence and evolve in all aspects of hairdressing
Get ready to catapult your career to the next level with the Visionaries project from Revlon Professional! As well as elevating your salon work, this is a fantastic opportunity to develop session and editorial techniques, which will enable you to showcase your work to industry audiences. Delivered by industry leading artists, the initiative works to raise your profile, as well as being an amazing PR opportunity for you and your salon.
Each Visionaries team member will also appear at London Fashion Week as part of the Revlon Professional Backstage team, as well as taking part in an exciting photoshoot at the end of the programme. Collectively the team will produce a show-stopping collection, which is the perfect celebration of the creativity and knowledge gained throughout the project.
What’s in store…
As part of the Visionaries project, there are various modules the team take part in to upgrade their skills and take their knowledge of hairdressing one step further. Modules include:
- Shear: Learn new and exciting adaptions to your existing salon work, giving you the opportunity to offer clients fresh new looks and cutting techniques.
- Advanced Shear: Push your creative boundaries and try new techniques to take your skills one step further. Elevate your session and commercial work then watch your confidence soar as you grow to be a key platform stylist.
- Colouration: Make your colour work blend harmoniously and learn how to develop exciting colour trends, as well as the tips and tricks needed for session and photographic work.
- Venture: Learn how to overcome your nerves and master communication with your clients, models and audiences. These are techniques which will be invaluable to your creative journey.
- Social Media: Explore the full potential of social media and discover the right way to propel yourself through social media platforms. From posting on trend looks to using hashtags, this serves as a way to make a name for yourself.
- London Fashion Week: The Visionaries team will be taught session styling techniques before becoming a part of the Revlon Professional Backstage Team, doing backstage hair for a major fashion designer at London Fashion Week.
- Blue Print: Following the creation of a mood board reflecting on the process so far, the module helps with the forming ideas in order to continue with the editorial and photographic journey.
- Pictorial: This fun-filled day is a fantastic opportunity to capture everything learnt on the Visionaries journey. The award-winning Revlon Professional team will fuse together all of the incredible ideas in order to help with creating an image which best represents your newly-gained skills and confidence.
The need to know information…
- You must be a hairdresser and colourist with a maximum of 5 years qualified experience
- You must be part of a club Revlon salon (solely using Revlon Professional products)
- A fashion forward image showing an on-trend hairstyle with amazing colour will need to be submitted along with the Visionaries entry form by 15 May 2019
- Finalists will be invited to produce their look and present to an independent panel of judges on the 3 June
- After the finals the winners will be announced
- The new Visionaries team members will require total commitment to the programme – this includes being present at all modules – failure to comply will result with the remainder of schedules being charged for.
- Visionaries team members will solely endorse Revlon Professional Products (no representation of another brand)
Key dates for your diary:
- 15 May – entries close
- 3 June – Final judging and team chosen
- 1 July – Shear
- 2 July – Advanced Shear
- 5 August – Colouration
- 2 September – Blue Print
- 3 September – Photoshoot
- 14 October – Social media
- 28 October – Presentation skills training