Like

Ready for your close up? Wella TrendVision Digital Regional task revealed

WellaTVA2020

Wella Professionals have unveiled the task that competitors will need to complete in the next stage of the TrendVision 2020 competition

Ahead of the May 26 announcement of Photographic Winners, details of a new video element have been revealed on the TrendVision website. All Photographic Winners will need to submit a recorded clip of themselves breaking down the elements of – and inspiration behind – the look they used to enter the contest. The video needs to be under three minutes in length and cover the following topics relating to the category in question:

Wella TVA2020

COLOUR SPECIALIST

  • Balayage technique, application, colour selection, an explanation of commercial usability, consideration of how colour compliments the styling (covering shape and length)
  • All products used for creating the look. If a competitor had used products other than those manufactured by Wella Professionals in the creation of their entry, they are still expected to list every product they used
  • Colour formulas

Coverage of these points will form 70% of the overall score. In addition, the remaining 30% of the score will be assessed based on competitors explanation of:

  • Individual vision/creative personalisation
  • Inspiration behind the look

Colour Artist Wella TVA

COLOUR ARTIST

  • Technique, application, colour selection,
    an explanation of commercial usability, consideration of
    how colour compliments the styling
    (covering shape and length)
  • All products used for creating the look. If a competitor had used products other than those manufactured by Wella Professionals in the creation of their entry, they are still expected to list every product they used
  • Colour formulas

Coverage of these points will form 70% of the overall score. In addition, the remaining 30% of the score will be assessed based on competitors explanation of:

  • Individual vision/creative personalisation
  • Inspiration behind the look

Craft Artist Wella TVA

CRAFT ARTIST

  • Positive change between the ‘before’
    picture and the ‘after’ look and how that fits
    the individuality of the model and reveals
    the authentic beauty
  • Imaginative cut/styling/colour techniques
  • All products used for creating the look. If a competitor had used products other than those manufactured by Wella Professionals in the creation of their entry, they are still expected to list every product they used
  • Colour formulas

Coverage of these points will form 70% of the overall score. In addition, the remaining 30% of the score will be assessed based on competitors explanation of:

  • Inspiration behind the look
Editorial Look Wella TVA

EDITORIAL LOOK

Technique, shape, balance; suitability of

  • the look and how it reflects a charismatic
    personality of the model
  • All products used for creating the look. If a competitor had used products other than those manufactured by Wella Professionals in the creation of their entry, they are still expected to list every product they used
  • Colour formulas (if the hair was coloured)

Coverage of these points will form 70% of the overall score. In addition, the remaining 30% of the score will be assessed based on competitors explanation of:

  • Link to Sebastian Professional brand
    identity and editorial hair
  • Inspiration behind the look
Style Master Wella TVA

STYLE MASTER

  • Technique, execution, finish, commercial
    appeal; consideration of how styling
    compliments the haircut
  • Link to the modern, wearable look
    reflective of the ‘ghd girl’: confident, bold
    and fearless; yet poised, empowered
    and polished
  • Equipment choice

Coverage of these points will form 70% of the overall score. In addition, the remaining 30% of the score will be assessed based on competitors explanation of:

  • All products used for creating the look. If a competitor had used products other than those manufactured by Wella Professionals in the creation of their entry, they are still expected to list every product they used
  • Colour formulas (if the hair was coloured)
  • Inspiration behind the look
Men's Hair Wella TVA

MEN’S HAIR

  • Barbering techniques, cut and styling
    techniques
  • All products used for creating the look. If a competitor had used products other than those manufactured by Wella Professionals in the creation of their entry, they are still expected to list every product they used
  • Colour formulas (if the hair was coloured)

Coverage of these points will form 70% of the overall score. In addition, the remaining 30% of the score will be assessed based on competitors explanation of:

  • Link to the SEB MAN’s on-the-go identity
  • Inspiration behind the look
Competitors in all categories can include any other information they wish and are encouraged to show any visuals (e.g. mood board) if they have them.

The Digital UK Regional & Ireland Heats will take place online between 1st – 15th June. Photographic Winners will be announced on the TrendVision 2020 website on May 26. Winners will then be sent a link to the Digital Regional competition platform via a direct message on the Instagram account they used to enter the contest.

Good luck to all entrants, including of course, our Spotlight Competitors!