It’s time to think beyond hair! Scalp Clinix from Schwarzkopf Professional is a customisable scalp care regime for clients in salon or at home
As awareness surrounding scalp care increases, more and more clients now understand the importance of maintaining a healthy scalp for happy hair. While many now have knowledge of the varying scalp issues which exist, it’s key to remember that just like skin, each scalp has different needs. As such, every clients’ scalp requires an individualised approach in order to be treated effectively. When the scalp is in good condition, hair strands are given a healthy base from which to grow. When the scalp is thrown out of balance, then issues like sebum over-production, dandruff and even hair loss may occur. Therefore it’s vital that as hairdressers, you are equipped with expert knowledge and products to help solve specific concerns for clients.
To enable hairdressers to become the ultimate hair and scalp care expert, Schwarzkopf Professional has developed Scalp Clinix; an extension of the Fibre Clinix regime. The new range delivers a customisable in-salon service and home maintenance regime that holistically cares for both the hair and scalp.
The Scalp Clinix regime is the most advanced and customisable care for scalp and hair that Schwarzkopf Professional has ever offered. Exclusive to salons, Scalp Clinix products are formulated with microbiome active technology to help re-balance the scalp. Gaining its namesake from its prebiotic ingredients, the Biotic Technology combines microbiome active, edelweiss extract and Japanese fermented ingredients to adjust the ratio of good and bad microbes on the scalp. This helps to bring it back to its natural state, leaving the scalp soothed and calm with a moisturised and balanced feeling.Combined with skincare-inspired ingredients to target and treat specific scalp concerns, the end result is beautiful, healthy-looking hair.
After diagnosing a client’s scalp and hair, hairdressers can offer the Scalp Clinix Biotic Service as a standalone service, or include it in the Fibre Clinix Tribond Service, depending on the client’s needs.
Scalp Clinix Biotic In-Salon Service
Created specifically for scalp care, this service is suitable for clients that experience scalp imbalances and who are looking for solutions to address their scalp concern. It consists of three simple steps to re-balance the scalp’s microbiome and to set a base for beautiful hair.
- Prep – the Scalp Clinix Pre-Shampoo Scrub with biotic technology gently exfoliates dead skin cells to prepare the scalp for cleansing, leaving it feeling refreshed with a cooling effect.
- Cleanse – the Fibre Clinix Tribond Shampoo with Triple Bonding and C21 technology cleanses the hair and scalp in preparation for treatment
- Treat – the Scalp Clinix Biotic Base helps to re-balance the scalp’s microbiome, for improved scalp condition. It can be fully customised with one of three dedicated Scalp Clinix Boosters and provides a soothing and moisturised feeling:
- Scalp Clinix Soothing Booster – for dry and delicate scalps
- Scalp Clinix Oil Control Booster – for oily scalps
Scalp Clinix Flake Control Booster–for all dandruff types
Scalp Clinix Biotic & Fibre Clinix Tribond Service
For clients experiencing both scalp imbalances and damaged mid-lengths and ends, the Fibre Clinix Tribond in-salon service can be upgraded to a Scalp Clinix Biotic & Fibre Clinix Tribond Service to provide transformative results – from root to tip.
Transform – the Fibre Clinix Tribond Treatment and selected Boosters can be applied to mid-lengths and ends directly after the Scalp Clinix Biotic Base and dedicated Booster have been applied to the scalp. Then simply rinse off after the combined processing time for both services.
A holistic scalp care approach from salon to home
To maintain the improved scalp condition at home until the next salon visit, hairdressers can prescribe the most appropriate home scalp care routine for their client. There are four routines to choose from, which address everything from oil control to dandruff.
- Scalp Clinix Soothing – soothes dry, delicate scalps, with a treatment containing Allantoin, Bisabolol and Panthenol to help strengthen the scalp’s protective barrier. This leaves the scalp with a calming and moisturised feeling.
- Scalp Clinix Oil Control – deeply cleanses oily scalps, with a treatment to unclog pores and remove excess sebum when combined with a gentle massage. The end result is a refreshed scalp with a cooling effect.
- Scalp Clinix Flake Control – removes and prevents new dandruff flakes gently and effectively, with a treatment containing Octopirox, providing a soothing feeling to itchy and irritated scalps.
- Scalp Clinix Anti-Hair Loss – a regime for thinning hair, with a shampoo and a serum that – when paired with a massage – promotes the scalp’s blood micro-circulation and strengthens the hair follicles. This reduces non-pathological hair loss after 6 weeks.*
Each Scalp Clinix home care regime contains a Shampoo and Treatment or Serum formulated with Biotic Technology. The products have also been developed with dedicated skincare-inspired ingredients to support the scalp’s microbiome balance, prolonging the effect of the Scalp Clinix Biotic in-salon service.
For more advice on giving a professional scalp diagnosis, as well as consulting on scalp imbalances during personalised salon services, trichologist Wil Fleeson has shared his extensive knowledge on Schwarzkopf Professional’s ASK Education eAcademy.
For more information on the new Scalp Clinix products and in-salon services visit: schwarzkopfpro.com/scalpclinix.
*When the Anti-Hair Loss Shampoo & Serum are used together