Walk, walk, London Fashion Week baby! Time to head backstage with L’Oréal Professionnel Paris to discover how to create some of our favourite S/S22 looks and inspire fresh styles for clients for the coming season.
There’s nothing like London Fashion Week to get the creative juices flowing! Get a head start on the spring trends with this insight into our favourite three looks that L’Oréal Professionnel Paris’ lead artists created for S/S22, including tips and products that you should snap up.
Daniel Martin’s muse was the kind of effortless cool girl who “has just got out of bed; she washed her hair the night before and popped it in braids to let it dry naturally. Easy, minimal, effortless.” With such a vibrant colour palette, the hair was very much designed to complement rather than overwhelm, he adds.
“We very much embraced the models own hair textures, so each look was totally bespoke,” Daniel explains.
- Prep dry hair with L’Oréal Professionnel TECNI.ART Beach Waves Salt Spray, spritzing and then working through the hair with fingers
- Spray L’Oréal Professionnel TECNI.ART Morning After Dust, an incredible dry shampoo and texturizing spray for added texture. This gives added definition and that gorgeous natural feeling, again working through with the fingers to not disturb the natural textures already present.
- Finish with L’Oréal Professionnel TECNI.ART Ring Light Shine Spray for that subtle glossy finish while giving the final look texture and a little grit.
Pro tip: “Work with the texture you’ve got. It’s all about approaching them as individuals, selecting a bespoke look. Take a little time to work out how the hair falls naturally and the best products to use to enhance their own style.”
Ali Pirzadeh matched the style to the aquatic centre venue, “connecting the water and the sportiness of the divers to the hair style. The muse has a sporty element with polished and clean finishes,” he explains.
- Create a middle parting in the hair, flattening the roots if needed
- Add L’Oréal Professionnel TECNI.ART Full Volume Extra Mousse and blow dry in
- Apply L’Oréal Professionnel TECNI.ART L’Oréal Transformer Lotion gel to get smooth high gloss finish
- Slick hair down and use a toothbrush comb to get a strong curved sweeping effect around the temples
- Tie off hair with natural hair colour elastic low to nape
- Section the tail of ponytail into 3 sections, using L’Oréal Professionnel TECNI.ART Fix Polish, start rope twist braid each section and tie off
- Finish off the look with L’Oréal Professionnel TECNI.ART Ring Light shine spray and Infinium Hair Spray
Pro tip: “The products are the key to recreating this look, you want products that really smooths the hair down and gives a healthy shiny finish with no flyaways. Use a toothbrush to really smooth down the hair around temple and hairline for the super-smooth finish.”
Classic, elegant styles took a modern twist under the eye of Shaun McIntosh for women who were “classic and elegant, yet daring to be different and stand out in the crowd.”
- Apply L’Oréal Professionnel TECNI.ART Pli and L’Oréal Professionnel TECNI.ART Full Volume Mousse throughout all hair, blow dry hair back, trying to create direction through the sides. Smooth through hairline with L’Oréal Professionnel Steampod straightener. Hair should have grip and direction but should be smooth, apply more products through sides if needed
- Take a small round section of hair at back of head and create ponytail to attach padding (position of ponytail can be changed for suitability/ severity of shape that you want to achieve).
- Attach padding around base of ponytail
- Softly back brush the remaining hair (back brush slightly less towards the hairline). The purpose for this is to create structure for the shape not volume
- Brush all of the hair back into second ponytail incorporating the 1st ponytail, making sure to cover all of the padding, tie off the hair with elastic
- At this point you should have a clean graphic profile shape and none of the padding should be visible
- With the remaining loose hair (ponytail), create an effortless chignon. Refine hair look with L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium Strong Hairspray
Pro tip: “Prep is key with this look! Prep hair with L’Oréal Professionnel TECNI.ART Full Volume Mousse to give this look structure and longevity.”