As part of a new monthly series on Creative HEAD, Karrie Fitz of KIT Studios explores why being real right now is hot on social media. Find out how to find your voice and become even more aligned to the content that you produce
“We are living in an era where creating content has somehow snuck its way into all our job descriptions. It can perhaps loom over us, as an extra task that can be daunting plus with zero sex appeal.
We’re all familiar with the phrase ‘content is king,’ and that we cannot contest with. Put simply: relevant, thought through and strategic content holds the true reign.
Content made with no specific purpose serves nothing to a business, and is pretty likely to be lost among the mass of other purposeless content being churned out. In a sea of online content, you have to make your brand stand out.
Next you need to consider the platform that you are posting on:
- What does it want you to do?
- What does that particular platform need you to do to make them successful?
- What is working/not working for you right now?
Remember algorithms change like the wind, and differ from account to account. What is happening on your pals’ socials might not necessarily be the same for yours! Thus meaning you need to know your analytics inside out, and be ready/comfortable with pivoting quickly when engagement drops.
We have found this to be the most challenging for people – the change, especially when something has worked for so long. But you have to keep moving and adapting to the changes, or you will be left behind.
At KIT we believe in the simple life, we aim to bring calmness into people’s lives by adopting a simple formula with our clients. Disclaimer: this isn’t an overnight success!
…Here is an outline of that formula, especially for you:
- Get aligned to your purpose or goal – hint: this is what lights you up!
- Take time to understand your audience? Who are they? What do they need from you?
- How does your content relate or add value to your audience? When people land on your page, why would they hit follow?
- Do you have a clear aesthetic to set you apart from the rest? Is it easy to follow and easy on the eye?
- Are you being consistent? Really?
- Get savvy with what content is trending on said platform, but do not let it define your vision – stay aligned to the real you.
- Repeat what is working.
- Stop doing what isn’t.
- Set aside content days, create content briefs and plans so that you get an allocated amount of content to use from each day.
- Give your brand personality, a human emotion to resonate and build a relationships/community.
- Work with a coach to help you stay aligned and on the right track.
- Most of all, don’t take it too seriously, it’s just a game after all!
We hope this helps, and if you have any questions pop over to @kitstudios and drop us a dm. We would love to hear from you.”
Hear what Karrie had to say at The Coterie London >