Nine fearless artists. Nine epic looks. New live streamed event ‘Powered By Pulp Riot’ brought creativity to the fore on 1st August 2021
On Sunday, some of the UK’s most Insta-popular hairdressers showed just what Pulp Riot products are capable of during a two-part colour spectacular streamed live and direct from West London. ‘Powered By Pulp Riot’ – produced in partnership with Creative HEAD – was the first multi-platform event for the brand, and featured a glimpse at nine stylists and colourists crafting looks in real time, while they shared personal insights into their process on their own social media.
Hosted by Pulp Riot UK‘s education and communications manager Adam Stockton, the day began with an introduction to the nine creatives, who each put their unique spin on Pulp Riot’s unapologetic approach to colour artistry.
As artists set to work on their models, Adam chatted with them individually about their outlook on colour, their typical clientele, as well as the inspiration behind their look. After their on-camera check in, the pros went live on their own Instagram or TikTok accounts for 20 minutes, walking their followers through the techniques and products they were using.
Following a two hour interval – soundtracked by multi-talented Pulp Riot artist and DJ Ben Aldridge – the stream resumed. During the break, colour processing finished and models’ hair was styled, ready for the artists to show off the results.
Check out the incredible final looks below, along with the formulas used to create each shade
– Sections from roots to mid-lengths coloured with a mix of Countess and Fireball (1:1) with a little bit of Absinthe
– Ends coloured with equal parts of Lemon and Fire Fly (1:1) with Fireball added in to create an orange
– Mid-lengths coloured with Mercury
– Ends coloured with Decoy
– A lilac made from a Mercury and Blush mix (1:1)
– A vibrant pink created with a Cupid and Cleopatra mix (1:1)
– Sea Glass
– Blue Muse
– Toned using Moonstone & 6 vol – 1:5
– Rose gold slices coloured using a mix of Cleopatra and Blush (1:1)
– Peach blonde face frame coloured using a mix of Lemon and Blush (3:1)
– Braided in zip, figure of eight and five-strand styles using medium-hold gel
– Coloured using a combination of Liquid Demi shades; straight 7.4 and 7.4 with the .33 booster and .44 booster
– Globally toned using Icy High Speed Toner
– Sections coloured using Neon Yellow, Cupid, new shade Nuclear from the Neo Pop range, and Noir on the ‘racoon stripe’
To discover more from Pulp Riot, follow them on Instagram – @pulpriot.uk – and fire them a DM to set up a free FaceTime introduction to the brand >